EnglishFrenchGermanItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanish

MolluscumRx Blog
MolluscumRx Blog

What are “Water Warts” in Children?

Recently, on the TV show “The Doctors”, there was a segment on water warts in children. They explained that water warts in children are another name for the virus molluscum contagiosum. Although the molluscum lesions do look somewhat like warts, they are not related to warts. That is why most wart treatments do not work to eliminate water warts in children.

Are Water Warts a Virus?

Flat warts, plantar warts and even genital warts are in a group of viruses known as papilloma viruses. The water warts (molluscum contagiosum) come from a very different family of viruses. They are a member of a family known as poxviruses. Poxviruses, include cowpox, monkey pox and several other viruses. The molluscum contagiosum virus is the largest of all the pox viruses. Its outer surface is full of bumps and crevices. This may be why it takes so long for the body to get rid of them.

Something to keep in mind, while your child has water warts, they are contagious. This was something not emphasized enough on the show. Your child most likely became infected from touching another child who had the virus. These water warts in children can last for many months to several years. That is why treatment is warranted.

We sent an email to the show telling them about a viable treatment alternative, MolluscumRx. This treatment is known to be 95% effective in eliminating the water warts in children. The product is so good it is sold in dermatology practices across the country. It’s safe and easy to apply. When applied the product creates a seal over the lesions. This seal, in addition to helping destroy the water warts, also may help to reduce the chance of transmission from an infected child. *

So now you know:

1. Water warts are another name for the virus molluscum contagiosum.
  2. They are contagious and usually take a long time to go away.
  3. There is an effective way to get rid of the water warts. MolluscumRx is a powerful treatment that has been physician recommended and physician approved. But best of all, it works! *

44 responses to “What are “Water Warts” in Children?”

1. Tiffani Hetrick says:

My 8 year old just got diagnosed with water warts. The doctor did not tell me they were contagious he said they will just go away on their own. Please help me figure out how to get rid of these warts and how to prevent them.

• MolluscumRx says:

The product will get rid of the water warts ( another name for molluscum). They are contagious and depending on the individual, they can last from 6 months to several years.

So it’s best to get rid of them as soon as possible.

2. Shari Sloane says:

Is MolluscumRx safe for young children 3 to 4 years old? Is it a cream that comes in a tube or jar? Thank you

• MolluscumRx says:

MolluscumRx is safe for children as young as 6 months old. We have sold many thousands of bottles and have never had a known reaction to the product.

The product is a concentrated liquid that is applied twice a day. It is easy to administer and does not burn, [nbsp]or cause any discoloration to the skin.

3. Stephanie says:

My daughter was diagnosed with this and she is only 6 months old. She has them on her face and neck. Is it safe to apply this to those locations on a baby?

• MolluscumRx says:

MolluscumRx is safe to use on the entire body. It is non-toxic and can be used by children as young as 6 months. The product does not contain acids so it will not hurt or burn when applied. This is a pain-free treatment.

Just be careful when using around the eyes as the product will sting if it gets in the eyes.

4. Amy says:

Is there an over the counter RX, or should my son see a dermatologist to get rid of the water warts?

5. Ivan Smith says:

my grandaughter has had ezcema since birth (shes now 10) will this product be safe to use

• MolluscumRx says:

Yes. We have treated many children who have molluscum and ezcema.

Remember, do not use any other creams or lotions with the MolluscumRx. This tends to make the product less effective.

6. Dhevy says:

Hi I live in Netherland can i buy it also that product here? Or do you know internet buying where i can buy it? Thank you…

7. Emily says:

I just applied this to my daughter and rubbed it in for 5 seconds. Her skin is a brown color where I applied it, is this normal? I was under the impression it dried clear with no skin discolrazation.

• MolluscumRx says:

This is normal. The MolluscumRx when applied will dry a slightly brown color. There is no long term skin discoloration as the product will come right off when washed with water.

8. J Jones says:

Just ordered your product, my grandaughter has a few lesions that are in her right eyebrow. I will be extremely careful with placement as to not get this in her eye, but want to make sure the hair of the brow will not be affected. Thanking you in advance for a response.

9. Trudy says:

My 3 daughter has water warts from a couple of days old nowdays they get massive with black and green colors ( around the size of a pea sometimes bigger) when they. go black she is in a heap of pain the doctor says they are viral and will just go away ,,,,,,,HELP PLEASE

Trudy,

Relax, you’ve come to the right place. MolluscumRx will get rid of those water warts.

Many doctors out there still tell thier patients to just leave the lesions alone. Mainly because they know most stuff out there does not work. As they become familiar with our product, that is changing.

So get the product, prove it to yourself how good it works, then educate your doctor.

10. Angela says:

Are water warts painful?

Angela,

Typically water warts ( molluscum contagiosum bumps) are not painful. Most kids do not have pain associated with their lesions. Itching is the most common side effect of the water warts.

11. Dominic says:

where can i buy molluscumrx please.

12. Venus says:

Hi, Im so upset my granddaughter started getting these redish rashes looking like a wart. she has a few. I took her to the doctors she called it a water wart, and said dont scratch it, that it will spread. well it sure did, now a few turned into many and they spread from her arm to her belly Im guessing my grand daughter did it scratching them open. Then my grand daughter left to see her daddy and grand parents for Christmas. I get a text telling me she has Molluscum contagiosum and they are not warts and if popped they will spread, and that it come’s from a viris? Im so confused I decided to look it up. I thought since her grand father is a doctor the grandmom gave me the correct information? I just want this to go away the kids at school tease her…. Please help us and help me understand what Im dealing with. I dont know anyone who has had this or how my grandchild came in contact with this?

Venus

Venus,

It is upsetting. But you’ve come to the right place. MolluscumRx will get rid of those water warts. Just use as directed, be consistent and the lesions should be gone in a few weeks.

If you would like discuss further, just give the office a call, 407-850-5599.

13. Karla says:

How much is this and where do I get it at?

14. Caroline says:

Can i get molluscumrx in a pharmacy in ireland co louth

15. Pepper says:

will it leave a scar and if this works so well why wont Dr. use it ?

• MolluscumRx says:

MolluscumRx will not cause scaring. The product seems to work by speeding up the bodies ability to get rid of the molluscum lesions.

And doctors do use it. We have doctors in every state that recommend our product, many even sell the product out of their office. In addition we now sell to over 25 countries worldwide.

Little by little the word is getting out that MolluscumRx is a great product in treating molluscum.

16. Jennifer says:

I received the product and was surprised that it’s a dark brown color. The directions say to rub it in until a white paste forms but it stays a brown color when rubbed into the skin. Is this the correct color it should be?? I’m worried as I have been applying it to my son and just re-read the instructions and it doesn’t say anything about a brown color.
    Thanks

• MolluscumRx says:

The brown color comes from the organic plant extracts used to make the product.

The product does dry brownish, but should foam to a off whitish paste when you apply. The product foams best when rubbed using your bare finger rubbing rapidly in a circular motion. I don’t know why, but this works best. You want to get it as foamy as possible.

If your still not sure, just give us a holler.

17. Irene says:

My daughter is 8 years old and she had this water warts in her face and its getting bigger and numerous. Although her doctors said that it will cure naturally , it will take time.. But when i am looking at my daughters face it’s makes me sad.

• MolluscumRx says:

It will cure naturally, but it could be a very long time. The MolluscumRx speeds up the healing time to just a few weeks.

Remember to apply at least 2-3 times a day for best results.

18. Ron says:

Hello, my son seems to have a water wart on his i lid and its basically rubbing his eyes. He now has 3 more that has recently appeared around the area; on his nose, one higher on the eye lid and one on his cheak.

Although you recommend not to apply near the eyes do to irritations, what should I do?

Thank you for your response.

• MolluscumRx says:

I would treat the lesions on the nose and his cheek with the MolluscumRx. Do not try and treat the eyelid. The product stings if it gets in the eye.

As the nose and cheek lesions resolve, you will probably see the ones on the eyelid resolve as well.

19. Jessica says:

Hi I’m in the UK where can I buy this product?

20. Kelly says:

My 3 year old has spots on her hips, chest and back. She had 8 of them burned off at the pediatricians office and now I’ve noticed new spots popping up. They said they will eventually go away but it just looks like it’s spreading. I’m so afraid that it’s going to get out of control and her body is going to be covered in scars. How quickly does this product take to work?

• molluscumrx says:

Hi Kelly,

You can start seeing results with our product within 5-7 days. Within 2-3 weeks, the lesions should resolve- they will first turn a dark red color and then scab up. Once the scabs have fallen off, the lesions will be gone with no scarring.

21. M. Quintanilla says:

My daughter has had this for almost a year. We’ve gone to many doctors, they’ve tried burning it but too painful. In order for it to go away…it has to becomes a painful sore then it heals. This takes 2 weeks or more. It’s overwhelming. My question is how will this affect the mulluskum before it heals? Will it have to become a painful sore? Or will it just go away with this product?

• molluscumrx says:

Hello,

With our product, the lesions will turn a dark reddish brown color and then scab over before falling off. That is how the lesions go away painlessly. Using our product causes no pain and no scarring as it has no burning agents in it.

22. Nate p says:

We’ve applied this product on my six year old son for 3 weeks. We’ve noticed the warts are shrinking but are still spreading and are not going away.