The symptoms of molluscum contagiosum are found only on the skin. Symptoms include a lesion or rash comprised of papules, which are identified by the following traits:
- Approximately 2-5mm – Most papules are between 2 and 5mm in size; however, larger papules can sometimes occur.
- Round and dome-shaped – Papules are characterized by their round, dome-shaped appearance.
- Pink and waxy – Lumps are pink-to-skin colored and have a waxy appearance. A curdy, white materials is found at the center of each lesion.
- Small center indentation – MCV papules can also be identified by a small indentation at the center.
- Found across the body – Lesions can appear across the body, including on the legs, torso, arms, neck, head and genital area.
Molluscum contagiosum symptoms are often relatively easy to identify; however, you should always consult your doctor for a formal diagnosis. You deserve a pain-free, natural treatment for molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum contagiosum lesions can often become infected, so prompt, thorough treatment is recommended. MolluscumRx provides a natural, pain-free treatment for molluscum contagiosum.* Order MolluscumRx online or contact us today for more information.