Molluscum is pesky and very contagious. It is a virus that can cause people discomfort, especially during the warmer months when people enjoy wearing shorts and t-shirts. If you have the virus, there are things not to do.
When contracting molluscum contagiousum, there are some precautions that you should take when you have the virus.
- Avoid sharing towels when at the pool or beach during the summer, or when you shower at home. Make sure that you wash the linens and clothing you use separate from items belonging to other family members.
- Do not scratch or pick at the bumps. If you absentmindedly scratch one of the lesions, they can become sore and tender. They may even start to itch more. If a lesion is scratched, it may also cause the virus to spread.
- Do not wash your body with a loofah or washcloth. Washing the bumps with a loofah can spread the virus around your skin. Instead, use your bare hands and wash with our special MolluscumRx soap when you shower or bathe.
- Do not shave or wax the body where lesions are present. When using MolluscumRx to treat the lesions, it is advised that you use scissors to clip any hairs that may be around the lesions. Hair should be clipped as low as possible without nicking the bumps. This will allow you to more effectively apply the product. Remember, if you nick a lesion, this may cause more spreading of the molluscum.
- Having sexual or skin-to-skin contact (such as close contact sports) with others is not recommended while you have molluscum. Avoid these types of activities until your lesions have gone away. The name of the virus is molluscum contagiosum. Meaning that molluscum is a contagious virus that is passed from person to person.
- Avoid saunas. These are breeding grounds for different type of bacteria and viruses, including molluscum.
There are a few things that should be done with caution if you have Molluscum Contagiosum:
- Enjoy working out at the gym? It is important that you cover any lesions that you may have. Be sure to wipe down any machines that you use. An even better idea is to workout at home until your lesions have healed.
- If your child has molluscum, try to keep them from having any direct contact with other kids. Molluscum is easily passed from child to child. Mainly because their immune systems are not fully developed. This makes them susceptible to getting the virus when coming in contact with other kids with molluscum. Therefore, it is advised to keep clothing, bedding, towels and other items that may come in contact separate from others.
Our product, MolluscumRx, is a pain-free and safe way to treat your molluscum. The product will not harm or hurt healthy skin. There are no acids or burning agents in MolluscumRx. Results are typically seen within 5-7 days and lesions are typically gone in 3-4 weeks.