Learn more about molluscum contagiosum and kids
Molluscum contagiosum in children is fairly common in children from ages 1 to 10. Following are some fast facts about MCV in children.
- The CDC reports that approximately 10% of children 5 and under will contract molluscum contagiosum.
- The high percentage of molluscum contagiosum in kids is attributed to their still-developing immune systems.
- MCV can spread quickly in children due to their close interaction with each other.
- Molluscum contagiosum in children can include a few lesions to large areas of body coverage.
- MCV lesions are typically not painful; however, they can last years without treatment. And they are highly contagious as long as they remain uncured!
- MolluscumRx is non-toxic, and will not cause harm if accidentally ingested.